Careers with SENVIC
Are you SENVIC’s next leader?
Expressions of Interest
Executive Director – Social Enterprise Network Victoria (SENVIC)
SENVIC invites expressions of interest from qualified and experienced individuals to lead our established state-wide network. As a dynamic and influential organisation committed to enabling a thriving social enterprise sector, we are seeking a visionary and dedicated leader to guide the network through its next phase in 2024 and beyond.
Social Enterprise Network Victoria Ltd (SENVIC,) is the independent, practitioner-led network and peak body for Victoria’s social enterprise community.
We share our 1200+ members’ vision for a just, inclusive, and sustainable society and believe that social enterprise is a means to get us there. Social enterprise needs supportive and collaborative spaces from which to connect, grow and shape the world around us.
SENVIC brings together a diverse range of members across Victoria’s thriving social enterprise sector to bring about sustainable and collaborative systems change.
Our strategic priorities are:
- Connect – Build a connected community of social enterprise practitioners.
- Develop – Facilitate access to learning and development.
- Influence – Increase the voice and influence of the social enterprise community.
- Systems – Establish a systems-shifting network of networks.
The successful candidate will serve as the Executive Director and will play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering on SENVIC’s strategic direction and work with members. This position requires a dynamic leader with a proven track record in fostering collaboration, advocacy, and growth within the social enterprise ecosystem.
- Foster collaboration among diverse stakeholders, including social enterprises, government bodies, corporate partners, and NGOs.
- Work with the Board to implement a strategic plan that aligns with the mission and goals of the organisation.
- Lead advocacy efforts to influence policy and promote a supportive environment for social enterprises.
- Strengthen the financial sustainability of the organisation through effective fundraising, revenue generation and resource mobilisation.
- Provide strong values-led organisational leadership and people management.
- Oversee the organisation’s financial position, management, and budgeting.
- Represent SENVIC and engage effectively with external stakeholders.
- Provide governance, compliance and reporting systems that provide accountability and transparency to SENVIC members and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven leadership experience in a senior management role, preferably within a social enterprise, or organisation in the social enterprise ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of the social enterprise landscape and a commitment to advancing its purposes and impact.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, organisational development, and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Track record of successful fundraising, revenue diversification and financial management.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Expressions of Interest, including a resume and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and vision for the role. Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 9th February 2024.
Position also to be listed on Ethical Jobs, noting that candidates will be assessed as they are received. Please feel free to share this opportunity in your networks.
Selection Process and Contact Information
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial interview, followed by a second-round interview and reference checks. For inquiries or additional information, please contact David Brookes at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting that we’ll be taking a break between 24 Dec ’23 and 8 Jan ’24.
SENVIC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.